EEE STAR program is created to provide EEE undergraduate students an opportunity to be a part of the various research groups in the department and conduct cutting-edge research. They can join an established research group and contribute to the work, or pursue their own ideas.
- Alperen Tugen, and Serdar Kocaman “A Comparative Study of Coupled High-Q Cavity-Quantum Dot System Regarding Dipole Induced Transparency.” submitted to Physics Review A also: arXiv:1712.01944 (2018).
- Alperen Tugen, and Serdar Kocaman, “Comparative Study for Coupled High-Q Cavity Quantum Dot System”, IEEE Photonics Conference (IPC), 2017
- Berk İskender and Figen S. Oktem, “Image Restoration for Sparse Aperture Optical Systems”, 26. Sinyal Isleme ve Iletisim Uygulamalari Kurultayi (SIU 2018)
- Can Livanelioğlu, Yiğit Özer, and Serdar Kocaman, “Optimization and Performance Comparison of Depletion Engineered Heterojunction p+-n HgCdTe Infrared Photodetector Structure for Atmospheric Transmission Windows”, submitted to 2018 IEEE Photonics Conference (IPC), 2018
- Canberk Sonmez, S. Baghaee, A. Ergişi and E. Uysal Biyikoglu, “Age-of-Information in Practice: Status Age Measured over TCP/IP Connections through WiFi, Ethernet and LTE”, 2018 IEEE International Black Sea Conference on Communications and Networking
- Egemen Sert, C. Sonmez, S. Baghaee and E. Uysal Biyikoglu, “Age-of-information Optimization via Reinforcement Learning in Emulation” 26. Sinyal Isleme ve Iletisim Uygulamalari Kurultayi (SIU 2018)
- Sait Sovukluk, Afsar Saranli, Yigit Yazicioglu, “Force-Deflection Model for Composite Compliant Half Circular Leg and System Identification with Experimental Verification”, submitted to 2018 Turkiye Robotbilim Konferansi (ToRK), 2018
- Bahar Taskesen, Beril Beşbinar, Alper Koz, A. Aydın Alatan, “Unsupervised Change Detection in Satellite Images using Oversegmentation and Mutual Information”, Paper accepted to 25. Sinyal Isleme ve Iletisim Uygulamalari Kurultayi (SIU 2017)
- Berk Kaya, Savaş Özkan, and Gözde Bozdağı Akar, “Noise Reduction on Hyperspectral Imagery Using Spectral Unmixing and Class-Labels”, Paper accepted to 25. Sinyal Isleme ve Iletisim Uygulamalari Kurultayi (SIU 2017)
- Egemen Sert, Seyda Ertekin, and Ugur Halici, “Ensemble of Convolutional Neural Networks for Classification of Breast Microcalcification from Mammograms”, Paper accepted to 39th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
- Fatih Cagatay Akyon, Ulas Kamaci, and Figen S. Oktem, “Image Deconvolution via Efficient Sparsifying Transform Learning”, 26. Sinyal Isleme ve Iletisim Uygulamalari Kurultayi (SIU 2018)
- Mertalp Öcal, Kazım Ergün, and Gözde Bozdağı Akar, “Comparative Analysis of Hyperspectral Feature Extraction Methods in Vegetation Classification”, Paper accepted to 25. Sinyal Isleme ve Iletisim Uygulamalari Kurultayi (SIU 2017)
- Ulas Kamaci, Fatih Cagatay Akyon, Tunc Alkanat, and Figen S. Oktem, “Efficient sparsity-based inversion for photon-sieve spectral imagers with transform learning”, Paper accepted to 2017 IEEE GlobalSIP Symposium on Sparse Signal Processing and Deep Learning
- Deniz Türkay, Wei Chun Hsu, Matthew Branham, Gang Chen, Selcuk Yerci, “Multiphysics Optimization of Thin Film Crystalline Silicon Solar Cells” European Materials Research Society Spring 2016 Meeting, May 2016, Lille, France
- Murat Onen , Iklay Ulusoy, An Artificial Intelligence Framework Constructed with Modeled Neurons, 14. Sinirbilim Kongresi, Ankara, 2016
- Ekin Karaca and Serdar Kocaman, Zero-n Bandgap with Photonic Crystal Superlattices Both For Negative and Positive Refraction, The 6th International Conference on Metamaterials, Photonic Crystals and Plasmonics, August 2015, New York, NY
- Murat Onen, I. Ulusoy, A Basic Model Proposal for Memory Systems Constructed by a MATLAB Based Neural Dynamics Simulator, FENS Featured Regional Meeting 2015, 7-10 October 2015, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Uryan Isik Can, Baris Bayram, “Plasma-activated direct bonding of patterned silicon-on-insulator wafers to diamond-coated wafers under vacuum”, Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 47, pp.53-57, 2014
- Baran Tan Bacinoglu, Yin Sun, Elif Uysal-Biyikoglu, Volkan Mutlu, “Achieving the Age-Energy Tradeoff with a Finite-Battery Energy Harvesting Source”, submitted to 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT 2018)
- Mesut Doğan, Sinem Gümüş, and Gönül Turhan-Sayan, “Investigation of Buried Object Detection under Asphalt and Concrete Roads Using Energy Based Preprocessing of Simulated A-scan GPR Signals”. SPIE 2017 Defense+Security Conference, Anaheim, California, United States, April 2017 (oral presentation).
- Mesut Doğan, Tolunay Aydın, Ahmet Anıl Dursun, Sinem Gümüş, Yunus Emre Koç, Gönül Turhan-Sayan, “Enerji Öznitelikleri Kullanarak Yer Altı Radarı Simülatör Verilerinden Gömülü Cisimlerin Tespiti”, URSI-TURKİYE’2016 VIII. Bilimsel Kongresi, Eylul 2016, Ankara, Turkiye.
- Mesut Doğan, Tolunay Aydın, and Gönül Turhan-Sayan, “Through-The-Wall Target Detection using GPR A-Scan Data: Effects of Different Wall Structures on Time-Domain and Frequency-Domain Signals”. SPIE 2017 Defense+Security Conference, Anaheim, California, United States, April 2017 (oral presentation).
- Sören Schäfer, Deniz Türkay, Catherin Gemmel , Sarah Kajari-Schröder, and Rolf Brendel, “Macroporous blind holes as surface texture for high efficiency solar cells”, 31st European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, Sept 2015, Hamburg, Germany
Competititon Successes of Undergraduate Students:
METUSAT team ranked 4th in the 2015 International CANSAT competition.
The team is composed of 5 undergraduate EEE (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) students (Baran Bodur, Barış Duru, Halil İbrahim Uğurlu, Doğa Veske, Doğa Yücalan) and 5 graduate AE (Aerospace Engineering) students (Ömer Ataş, Efe Camcı, Waheedullah Taj, Münire Gülay Şenol, Burak Yağlıoğlu).
The EEE team conducted the work under STAR program with guidance of Prof. Sencer Koç.