Ph.D. Middle East Technical University, Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (2014-...) (3,21/4,00)
B.Sc. Inonu University, Dept. of Electrical-Electronics Engineering (2009-2013) (3,79/4,00)
Graduated with rank 1 from Faculty of Engineering (Inonu University)
Electromagnetics, Gorund Penetrating Radar (GPR), Target Detection and Recognition
International Refereed Conference Papers
- M. Dogan, O. Yesilyurt and G. Turhan-Sayan, “Inside-the-wall detection of objects with low metal content using the GPR sensor: Effects of different wall structures on the detection performance,” Conference #10628 “Detection and Sensing of Mines, Explosive Objects, and Obscured Targets XXIII” at the SPIE Defense+Security Symposium 2018, Orlando, Florida, USA, April 15-19, 2018.
- M. Dogan and G. Turhan-Sayan, “Investigation of the Effects of Buried Object Orientation in Subsurface Detection by GPR,” The 7th IEEE International Symposium on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation and EMC Technologies, Xi’an, China, October 24-27, 2017
- M. Dogan and G. Turhan-Sayan, "Through-the-Wall Target Detection Using GPR A-Scan Data: Effects of Different Wall Structures on Detection Performance," The 4th International EMC Turkey Conference, Ankara, September 24-27, 2017
- M. Dogan, S. Gümüş and G. Turhan-Sayan, "Detection of Conducting and Dielectric Objects Buried under a Layer of Asphalt or Concrete Using Simulated Ground Penetrating Radar Signals", ICEAA/IEEE APWC Meeting at Verona, Italy, 11-15 September, 2017.
- M. Dogan and G. Turhan-Sayan, “Investigation of Simulated Ground Penetrating Radar Data for Buried Objects Using Quadratic Time-Frequency Transformations", 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and North American Radio Science Meeting in San Diego, California, USA, July 7-14, 2017.
- M. Dogan and G. Turhan-Sayan,“Preprocessing of A-Scan GPR Based on Energy Features,” Conference #9823 “Detection and Sensing of Mines, Explosive Objects, and Obscured Targets XXI” at the SPIE Defense+Security Symposium 2016, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 17-21 April 2016.
National Refereed Conference Papers
- M. Doğan ve G. Turhan-Sayan, “Through-the-wall target detection by energy features extracted from simulated ultra wideband radar signals,” Sinyal İşleme ve Uygulamaları Kurultayı (SIU) 2017, Antalya, Mayıs 2017.
- M. Doğan, A. A. Dursun, S. Gümüş, T. Aydın, Y. E. Koç ve G. Turhan-Sayan, “Yeraltı Radar Verilerinden Enerji Tabanlı Ön İşleme ve Hedef Tespiti,” URSI-TÜRKİYE’2016 VIII. Bilimsel Kongresi, Ankara, 1-3 Eylül 2016.
Courses / Laboratories
EE213 - ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS LABORATORY
EE214 - ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS LABORATORY
EE224 - ELECTROMAGNETIC THEORY
EE281 - ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS
EE282 - INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL ELECTRONICS
EE303 - ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES