BS: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, METU, 1987.
MS: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, METU, 1989.
Ph.D: Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Boston University, 1993.
- Sensor Array Signal Processing
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Signal Processing for Communications
- Convex Optimization
- Compressive Sensing
- Direction Finding
- Beamforming, Localization
- Real-time Embedded Systems
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Deep Learning(DL)
- AI and DL applications in real-time embedded systems
- Intelligent System Design,
- Driver Monitoring Systems
- Hardware-Software Design of real-time embedded systems
- Acoustical System Design and Development
T. Engin Tuncer, Benjamin Friedlander, “Classical And Modern Direction-Of-Arrival Estimation”, Academic Press, 2009.
- Burhan Ölmez, T.Engin Tuncer, "Metric Scale and Angle Estimation in Monocular Visual Odometry with Multiple Distance Sensors", to be published in Digital Signal Processing.
- A. Anıl Dursun, T. Engin Tuncer, "Estimation of Partially Occluded 2D Human Joints with a Bayesian Approach", Vol.114, Digital Signal Processing, July 2021.
- Özlem Tuğfe Demir, T. Engin Tuncer,”Improved ADMM-Based algorithms for Multi-Group Multicasting in Large-Scale antenna systems with Extension to Hybrid Beamforming”, pages: 43-47, Digital Signal Processing, Oct. 2019.
- Özlem Tuğfe Demir, T. Engin Tuncer,”Robust Optimum and Near Optimum Beamformers for Decode-and-Forward Full-Duplex Multi-Antenna Relay with Self-Energy Recycling”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol.8, No.3, pp.1566-1580, March. 2019.
- Ecenaz Erdemir, T. Engin Tuncer, “Path Planning for Mobile-Anchor Based Wireless Sensor Network Localization: Static and Dynamic Schemes “, Ad Hoc Networks, Vol.77, pp.1-10, Aug.2018.
- Özlem Tuğfe Demir, T. Engin Tuncer, “Optimum QoS-Aware Beamformer Design for Full-Duplex Relay with Self-Energy Recycling”, IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, Vol.7, No1, pp.122-125, Feb. 2018.
- Özlem Tuğfe Demir, T. Engin Tuncer, “Max-Min Fair Resource Allocation for SWIPT in Multi-Group Multicast OFDM Systems”, IEEE Communications Letters, Vol.21, No.11, pp.2508-2511, Nov. 2017, 10.1109/LCOMM.2017.2729538.
- Özlem Tuğfe Demir, T. Engin Tuncer, “Antenna Selection and Hybrid Beamforming for Simultaneous Wireless Information and Power Transfer in Multi-Group Multicasting Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications , Vol.15, No:10, pp.6948-6962, Oct. 201
- Ahmet M. Elbir, T. Engin Tuncer, “2-D DOA and Mutual Coupling Coefficient Estimation for Arbitrary Array Structures With Single and Multiple Snapshots”, Digital Signal Processing, Vol. 54, pp.75-86, July 2016.
- Özlem Tuğfe Demir, T. Engin Tuncer, “Optimum Discrete Phase-Only Multicast Beamforming With Joint Antenna And User Selection In Cognitive Radio Networks”, Digital Signal Processing, vol.46, pp.81-96, Nov.2015.
- Özlem Tuğfe Demir, T. Engin Tuncer, “Optimum Discrete Transmit Beamformer Design”, Digital Signal Processing, Vol.36, pp.57-68, January 2015.
- Ahmet M. Elbir, T. Engin Tuncer, “Far-Field DOA Estimation and Near-Field Localization For Multipath Signals”, Radio Science, Vol.49, No.9, pp.765-776, September 22, 2014, DOI: 1002/2014RS005474.
- Tansu Filik, T. Engin Tuncer, “2-D DOA Estimation in case of Unknown Mutual Coupling for Multipath Signals”, Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing, July,2014, DOI:10.1007/s11045-014-0290-7.
- Ahmet M. Elbir, T. Engin Tuncer, “Calibration of Antenna Arrays For Aeronautical Vehicles on Ground”, Aerospace Science and Technology, pp. 18-25, Vol 30, 2013.
- Taylan Aksoy, T. Engin Tuncer, “Sectorized Approach and Measurement Reduction for Mutual Coupling Calibration of Non-Omnidirectional Antenna Arrays”, Radio Science, Vol.48, No.2, pp.102-110, 2013, doi:10.1002/rds.20017.
- Taylan Aksoy, T. Engin Tuncer, “Measurement Reduction for Mutual Coupling Calibration in DOA Estimation”, Radio Science, Vol.47, No.3, RS3004, doi:10.1029/2011RS004904, 2012.
- Tansu Filik, T. Engin Tuncer, “2-D Paired Direction-of-Arrival Angle Estimation With Two Parallel Uniform Linear Arrays”, Int. Journal of Innovative Computing, Information, and Control, Vol. 7, No.6, pp.3269-3279, June 2011.
- Serkan Karakütük, T. Engin Tuncer, “Channel Matrix Recursion For Blind Effective Channel Order Estimation”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol.59, No.4, pp.1642-1653,April 2011.
- Metin Aktaş, T. Engin Tuncer, “Iterative HOS-SOS (IHOSS) Algorithm for Direction-of-Arrival Estimation and Sensor Localization”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol.58, No.12, pp.6181-6194, Dec. 2010.
- Tansu Filik, T. Engin Tuncer, “A Fast and Automatically Paired 2-D Direction-of-Arrival Estimation With and Without Estimating The Mutual Coupling Coefficients”, Radio Science, Vol. 45, RS3009, June 2010.
- Tansu Filik, T. Engin Tuncer, “Uniform and Nonuniform V-Shaped Planar Arrays for 2-D Direction-of-Arrival Estimation”, Radio Science, Vol.44, pp.1-12, Sept.22, 2009.
- T. Engin Tuncer, M. Tankut Özgen, “No-Search Algorithm For Direction Of Arrival Estimation”, Radio Science, Vol. 44, pp.1-14, Sept.30, 2009.
- T. Engin Tuncer, T. Kaya Yaşar, Benjamin Friedlander, “DOA Estimation For Nonuniform Linear Arrays By Using Array Interpolation”, Radio Science, Vol.42, No.4, July 2007.
- T. Engin Tuncer, “Block-based methods for the reconstruction of finite-length signals from nonuniform samples”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol.55. No.2, pp. 530-541, Feb. 2007.
- T.Engin Tuncer, Metin Aktas, “LSE and MSE Optimum Partition-based FIR-IIR Deconvolution Filters With Best Delay ”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol.53, No.10, pp.3780-3790, Oct. 2005.
- T.Engin Tuncer, “Optimum and Suboptimum Blind Channel and Symbol Estimation for SISO Channels”, Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, Vol.12, No.3, 2004.
- T.Engin Tuncer, “Deconvolution and Preequalization With Best Delay LS Inverse Filters”,Signal Processing, Vol.84, No.11, pp.2207-2219, Nov. 2004.
- M. Tankut Ozgen, T.Engin Tuncer, “Object Reconstruction From In-line Fresnel Holograms Without Explicit Depth Focusing”, Optical Engineering, Vol.43, No.6, pp1300-1310, June 2004.
- T.Engin Tuncer, “Optimum Nyquist Filters With Controlled Time and Frequency Characteristics”, IEE Electronics Letters, Vol.38., No.21, October 2002.
- T.Engin Tuncer, ``A New Method For D-dimensional Exact Deconvolution,'' IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol.47, No.5, pp.1324-1334, May 1999.
- T.Engin Tuncer, ``Signal Injection With Perceptual Criteria,'' Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, Vol. 6, No.2, pp. 89-106, 1998.
- T.Engin Tuncer, Truong Q. Nguyen, ``General Analysis of Two-band QMF Banks,'' IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 544-548, Feb. 1995.
- T.Engin Tuncer, Truong Q.Nguyen, ``Interpolated IIR M-th Band Filter Design With Allpass Subfilters,'' IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 43, No. 8, pp. 1985-1989, Aug. 1995.
Courses / Laboratories
EE201:Circuit Theory I,
EE202: Circuit Theory II,
EE301: Signals and Systems I,
EE430: Digital Signal Processing
EE433: Real-time Applications of Digital Signal Processing
EE604: Sensor Array Signal Processing
Temel Engin Tuncer received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara,Turkey, in 1987 and 1989, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from Boston University, Boston, MA, in 1993. From 1991 to 1993, he was an instructor and Adjunct Professor at Boston University. He joined the Electronics Engineering Department, Ankara University, in 1993. Since 1998, he has been with METU, where he is currently a Professor in the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department. His research interests include sensor arrays and array signal processing, direction finding and localization system design and implementation, beamforming, statistical signal processing, multi-antenna and multi-user systems of cooperative communications, convex optimization, Real-time Embedded Systems, AI and Deep Learning Systems, Radar, Sonar and Acoustic Systems.