Computer Option Admission Criteria:
A student should have taken courses covering the following topics to be eligible for admission to the MSc/Ph.D./Ph.D. on BSc programs in Computer Option:
- Data Structures: Arrays, stacks, queues, link lists, trees, hash tables, graphs, searching and sorting algorithms.
- Computer Architecture: Microprogramming, bit slicing, arithmetic processor design, arithmetic algorithms, memory organization, parallel processing, multiprocessor systems, peripheral organization, I/O processing, I/O controllers.
- Microprocessor: Microprocessor architecture, microprocessor programming, peripheral organization, memory unit, I/O interfacing, interrupt processed I/O, microprocessor-based communication.
Students without the required background stated above will be considered for admission to the Academic Deficiency Program.
Remark: EE 441, EE 445 and EE447 are compulsory courses for Computer Option in the undergraduate program and are recommended to be taken before applying for MSc/Ph.D./Ph.D. on BSc studies in Computer Option. If they (or their equivalents) are not already taken, the following rules apply:
For MSc/Ph.D. on BSc applicants:
- If none of EE 441, EE 445 and EE 447 courses are taken before, they should be taken in a one or two-term Academic Deficiency Program.
- If at most two are missing, they may be allowed to be taken during the MSc/Ph.D. on BSc study with the consent of the admissions committee.
For Ph.D. applicants:
- If any of EE 441, EE 445 and EE 447 courses are not taken during BSc or MSc program, the missing ones should be taken in a one or two-term Academic Deficiency Program.