Post-Doc: University of Rochester, Electrical and Computer Eng., Rochester, NY, USA, 1994-1995
Ph.D: Bilkent University, Dept of Electrical and Electronics Eng., 1994
M.Sc.: Bilkent University, Dept of Electrical and Electronics Eng., 1990
B.Sc: Middle East Technical University, Dept of Electrical and Electronics Eng., 1988
- Embedded systems
- Hyperspectral imaging
- Object detection
1. Savas Ozkan, G. B. Akar, “EndNet Sparse AutoEncoder Network for Endmember Extraction and Hyperspectral Unmixing,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 482-497, January 2019.
3. O. Kumtepe, G. B. Akar, E. Yuncu:, “ Driver aggressiveness detection via multisensory data fusion,” EURASIP J. Image and Video Processing 2016: 5 (2016).
4. S. Ozsarac, G. B. Akar “Atmospheric Effects Removal for the Infrared Image Sequences, “ IEEE Transactions On Geoscience And Remote Sensing, Volume: 53 Issue: 9 Pages: 4899-4909, SEP 2015.
5. E Turgay, GB Akar , “Texture and edge preserving multiframe super-resolution,” Image Processing, IET, vol 8, issue 9, pp. 499–508, 2014.
6. M. O. Bici, A. Norkin, G. B. Akar, "Joint Source-Channel Coding for Error Resilient Transmission of Static 3D Models," Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p391-400, May 2012.
7. A. Gotchev, G. B. Akar, T. Capin, D. Strohmeier, A. Boev, 3D Media for Mobile Devices, Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 39, no. 4, April 2011.
8. M. O. Bici, G. B. Akar, “Multiple description coding of animated meshes,” Signal Processing: Image Communication, October 2010.
9. C. G. Gurler, A. Aksay, G. Bozdagi Akar, A. M. Tekalp, "Architectures for Multi-Threaded MVC-Compliant Multi-View Video Decoding and Benchmark Tests", Signal Processing, Image Communication, Special Issue on Breakthrough Architectures for Image and Video Systems, Vol.:25 , Issue:5 , Pages:325-334 , June , 2010.