METU EEE SUMMER PRACTICE HOMEPAGE
Important information for students who will do their SP this summer:
- Summer internships must be done by physically attending the work place this summer.
- Research internships are allowed if abroad. Research internships can be done in Turkey only if the internship location is an institution outside METU. Therefore, METU EEE-STAR internships or internships done at research centers within METU cannot be presented for the EE300/400 courses this summer.
- An SP meeting has been held on 01.04.2022 in order to give information on SP procedures. You can access the video of the meeting here (password: 7Htin%^+). The slides of the meeting can be found here.
Information for students who did their SP in the winter break:
1. If you did your SP in the winter break, you can get registered to the EE300/400 courses during the add-drop week.
2. The SP reports and the other documents will be collected during the week of March 28 (any time you prefer). Please send the pdf of your SP report to Elif Vural by email. In addition, please also send the following documents to Serdar Korkmaz:
- SP evaluation form (2nd page of the SP booklet, filled in by your SP supervisor) is to be brought to the Student Affairs in a closed envelope or sent by post. Your SP supervisor can also send the SP evaluation form by email in pdf format (to serdark-at-metu-edu-tr). The document can be signed traditionally or digitally.
- SP report: Send by email. Please make sure that the cover page of your report includes your name, your student id, the course information (EE300/EE400), the SP location, and the SP dates.
- Cover page of your SP report approved by your SP supervisor: Send by email. The cover page can be approved with a traditional or digital signature. Alternatively, your SP supervisor can send you an email stating that they have read and approved your SP report, which you can convert to pdf.
- Lifelong learning evaluation form: Send by email. If this document has been provided to you in a closed envelope together with the SP evaluation form, you do not need to provide its pdf. It is enough to bring/send the closed envelope to the Student Affairs.
- Remote internship evaluation form (if applicable): Send by email
- Research internship evaluation form (if applicable): Send by email. For remote research internships, one of the forms in (d) and (e) is sufficient.
Important reminder about EE300/EE400 prerequisites: Please remember that the OHS101 and OHS301 courses are prerequisites for the EE300 and EE400 courses. This means that you need to proceed in the following order: First take the OHS101 and OHS301 courses, then do your SP in the summer/winter break once you passed both of these courses, and finally take the EE300/EE400 course in the semester that follows your SP. Note that students who have done their SP but cannot get registered to EE300/EE400 because they have not taken OHS301 will need to repeat their SP.
Information for students who got payment during their SP: If you did your SP in a company in Turkey and you received payment during your SP, please read the instructions in the "Instructions for Paid Summer Practices" section below and enter your paid SP information in the OCW system.
Internships in public institutions: We have been informed that from now on all public institutions in Turkey (kamu kurumlari) accept internship applications through a centralized system. Please consult this page for further information.
SGK Insurance Application System
The OCW system will be activated shortly before the end of the semester.
Instructions for Paid Summer Practices
If you did your SP in a company in Turkey and you received payment during your SP, you need to do the following after your SP, as soon as you have received all of your payments. (If you did not receive any payment during your SP, do not do anything.)
1. Login to https://ocw.metu.edu.tr/ with your usual student account.
2. Fill in the "Paid SP form questionnaire" under the EE300/400 course. Please fill in all entries carefully. Incomplete submissions with missing entries are immediately rejected by Rektörlük. You may contact the HR department of the company in order to obtain the information regarding the company. If you notice that you made a mistake when filling in the form, you can submit a new one and the latest submission will be taken into account.
3. Download, print, and sign the Paid SP Form (YÖK Katkı Formu) . Upload the scanned copy of the signed form (in pdf format) under the assignment "İşsizlik Fonu Katkısı Bilgi Formu (Paid SP Form)".
4. Upload the bank receipt (in pdf format) showing that you received payment from the company under the assignment "Stajda ücret ödendiğine dair banka dekontu (Bank receipt for paid SPs)".
Internship documents: Download (pdf).
Unemployment fund contribution information form: Download (doc).