Steps to Follow
Before Summer Practice
- Examine the Summer Practice Website as early as you can, as much as you can.
- Check the additional information related with paid insurance or SGK insurance paid by the school. The pdf document (in Turkish) can be accessed here.
- Find yourself a company for summer practice. You may
- Check the list of companies contacted the department for summer practice students.
- Examine the summer practice databases of earlier years.
- Use your social skills, family, friends and others to establish contacts.
- VERY IMPORTANT
Make sure that you carefully read the instructions on our main page. Please apply for your SGK insurance on time.
- Some companies request a document (letter) stating that the insurance for the summer practice will be paid by METU. You can pick up a letter confirming the payment from the EEMB D-120 Photocopy Office (Basım İşliği Ofisi).
- Some companies may request a document for the proof of EE 300 - EE 400 mandatory summer practice. Learn if you need one of these documents. If you need one, go to EEMB D-120 Photocopy Office (D-120) (Basım İşliği Ofisi) to get a signed and approved form. Completion of approval process may take some time, be prepared.
- Pick up your summer practice notebook from the Student Photocopy Office (A-Block) or MM Building 2. Floor,"Satin Alma Ofisi" or EEMB Photocopy Office (D-120) (Basım İşliği Ofisi).
- You are ready. Go and start your summer work.
During Summer Practice
- On the first day of your summer practice (or when you meet the engineer with whom you are going to working with) submit the introduction letter (either in Turkish or English) from the summer practice committee explaining the procedures and goals of summer practice.
- Do attend the work with full concentration, be vigilant and observe what is going on, try to participate. You will write a detailed report soon. Don't forget that you can work at the same place next year for salary.
- Regularly take notes to help you in writing the final report.
- Prepare draft version of your report while conducting your practice. (Be prepared that you need to upload your report as soon as the new semesters starts.)
- Towards the end of practice, have the mentioned summer practice notebook signed and evaluation form filled.
- You also need to have the "Lifelong Evaluation Rubric" (either in Turkish or in English) filled out and signed by your SP supervisor together with your evaluation form.
- Your SP supervisor can send the SP evaluation form (2nd page of the SP booklet) to the Department Student Affairs by email in pdf format (to serdark-at-metu-edu-tr). The document can be signed traditionally or digitally. It is also possible to send the document to the Student Affairs by post in a closed envelope.
- The "Lifelong Evaluation Rubric" form will be uploaded by you via ODTUClass when the semester begins.
After Summer Practice
- Convert your report to pdf format.
- SP reports will be collected over ODTUClass this year. Prior to report submission, you will be required to fill a questionnaire evaluating your SP experience (so that it may be anonymously shared with our departments' students for guidance). The deadline for submitting your SP report is October 30. This is a strict deadline, so please organize your time accordingly.
- You do NOT need to register for EE 300, EE 400 during the registration phase.
- During the registration week, you will be asked to provide some information about your SP subject, so that your SP report can be suitably assigned to a faculty member.
- The faculty members evaluating the reports will be announced during the add-drop week. During the add-drop week, you need to register to EE300/400 in the section of the faculty member who will evaluate your SP report.
- After the add-drop week (until October 30) you need to provide the following documents over ODTUClass:
- The cover page of your SP report signed and approved by your SP supervisor (alternatively, the print out of the email from your SP supervisor certifying that they have read and approved your SP report)
- The SP report in pdf format (make sure that your report does not have the mistakes in this checklist.)
- Lifelong Evaluation Rubric Form
- Remote/Research Internship Evaluation Form (if applicable)
- Your SP report will be graded by the faculty members assigned to your report.
- In the last month of the semester: Reports that require corrections will be returned to the students.
- If your report is returned, you have 4 weeks to complete the requested corrections.
- When you are done with the corrections, return your report to the evaluating faculty.
- During this process contact the faculty by email and learn the status of your report or there are corrections required.
- Make sure that company you have decided for summer practice satisfies the requirements of the Department.
- Make sure that you have written the report professionally, following the recommendations on the website.
- You may be asked to make corrections on your report. Do the corrections as requested if there is a need.
- Finding a summer practice location is never easy. Try to look for a good one as early as you can!!!
02/06/2021 - 02:05