METU EEE SUMMER PRACTICE HOMEPAGE
NEW! SP meeting: We will hold a general online meeting in order to inform students about the SP procedures. The meeting will be held in the beginning of the Spring semester. We will send you the information of the meeting soon.
Voluntary internships: The SGK insurance for voluntary internships is now covered again by the university.
Information for students who would like to do an internship in the winter break:
1. Due to difficulties arising because of the COVID-19 pandemic, at this time 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year students are allowed to do an internship in the winter break, if they meet the conditions required for the internship (e.g., having passed half of the relevant EE courses, no probation status, etc.) This can be a classical internship (by physically attending the work place), remote internship, or research internship. Note, however, that for your health and safety, we recommend you to prefer internships by remove working if possible.
2. If you would like to do an internship in the winter break at an institution in Turkey, for your SGK insurance please fill in the excel file provided here with your internship information in soft format. Email the document to velif-at-metu-edu-tr precisely two weeks before the beginning of your internship with the subject line
Insurance application SP beginning dd.mm.2020
providing the day and month of the beginning date of your SP. If you will physically attend the work place, please also send the signed and scanned copies of the following two eligibility documents in the same email:
a. Document certifying that you are medically eligible to physically attend your SP institution (Ögrenci muvafakatname): To be signed by you
b. Document certifying that your SP institution follows the rules established by the Ministry of Health (Kurum muvafakatname): To be signed by your SP institution. Note that some institutions may prefer to prepare their own version of the institution eligibility document. As long as these documents give the same information, they will be accepted.
3. If you are already working in a company as a candidate engineer, you can present the relevant part of your work for the EE300/EE400 courses as long as your internship duration and the type of your work meet the necessary conditions. However, do not forget that you need to have a full-time SGK insurance during the period that will officially count as your SP period. If you have a part-time insurance already established by your company, you need to cancel your insurance and apply for full-time insurance.
Instructions for students who got payment during their SP: Please read the section "Instructions for Paid Summer Practices"
Department decisions due to COVID-19
The following decisions have been taken by our department for internships to be done between June 6 - October 11, 2020:
1. Classical internships conducted by physically attending the work place will continue to be accepted for evaluation within the EE300/EE400 courses.
2. EE300/EE400 internships can also be conducted by remote working. Note that in this case, in addition to the “SP evaluation Form”, the Remote Internship Evaluation Form (word) (pdf) must also be filled in.
3. Research activities done at universities abroad or in Turkey under the supervision of a faculty member can also be evaluated within the EE300/EE400 courses. This includes internships at our university or in our department as well. Research internships can be done by remote working. Note that in addition to the “SP evaluation Form”, the “Research Internship Evaluation Form” (word) (pdf) must also be filled in.
4. The total duration of the classical and remote internships described in items 1 and 2 above must be equivalent to 20 full work days. The total duration of the research internships described in item 3 must be equivalent to 30 full work days.
5. Only one of the EE300 and EE400 internships is allowed to fall within the scope of items 2 and 3 above. This means that at least one of the internships must be a classical internship. This rule does not apply for 4th year students expecting immediate graduation.
SGK Insurance Application System
The insurance application module in the OCW system has been closed at this time as we have reached the end of summer.
Instructions for Paid Summer Practices
If you did your SP in a company in Turkey and you received payment during your SP, you need to do the following preferably within 10 days after you received all of your payments. (If you did not receive any payment during your SP, you do not need to do anything.)
1. Login to https://ocw.metu.edu.tr/ with your usual student account.
2. Fill in the "Paid SP form questionnaire" under the EE300/400 course. Please fill in all entries carefully. Incomplete submissions with missing entries are immediately rejected by Rektörlük. You may contact the HR department of the company in order to obtain the information regarding the company. If you notice that you made a mistake when filling in the form, you can submit a new one and the latest submission will be taken into account.
3. Download, print, and sign the Paid Summer Practice Form . Upload the scanned copy of the signed form (in pdf format) under the assignment "İşsizlik Fonu Katkısı Bilgi Formu (Paid SP Form)".
4. Upload the bank receipt (in pdf format) showing that you received payment from the company under the assignment "Stajda ücret ödendiğine dair banka dekontu (Bank receipt for paid SPs)".