I have been awarded the TÜBİTAK 2232-B International Fellowship for Early Stage Researchers in 2022. I am looking for motivated and talented Ph.D. and M.S. students to join my research group. Financial support is available. If you are interested in working with me, please email me, attaching your detailed CV. At the moment, the undergraduate division of my group is full.
My research group room number is DB-08.
- Post-Doc, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Duke University, USA, 2018-2021.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA, 2018.
- M.S. in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt, 2011.
- Bachelor of Electronics and Communications Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt, 2006.
I am interested in questions in coding/information theory that are fundamental to opportunities created by the current, unparalleled access to data and computing. These opportunities are in data storage, cloud storage, distributed computing, machine learning, wireless communications, DNA storage, and quantum systems.
- EE 534: Coding Theory.
- EE 306: Signals and Systems II.
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Data Storage Technical Committee (DSTC), 2020.
- Distinguished Ph.D. Dissertation Award, UCLA, 2019.
- Memorable Paper Award, Non-Volatile Memories Workshop (NVMW), 2018.
- Dissertation Year Fellowship, UCLA, 2017.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, UCLA, 2017.
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2015.
- Egyptian Engineering Day Award, 2006.