Ph.D. in EE, The Ohio State University (OSU), USA, 1984
MS in EE, The Ohio State University (OSU), USA, 1981.
BS in EE, Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara, 1979.
Design, operation and analysis of power systems, renewable energy, smart grids
1. N. Guven and S. A. Sebo, "Analysis of Ground Fault Current Distribution Along Underground Cables", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol.1, No: 4, pp. 9-18, October 1986.
2. I. Batur, N. Guven and N. Ozay, “A Proposed Application of Industrial DOS Computer for Distribution Substation Monitoring and Control”, IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol. 9, No: 2, pp. 729-735, April 1994.
3. C. Aykanat, O. Ozgu and N. Guven, “Algorithms for Efficient Vectorization of Repeated Sparse Power System Network Computations”, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 10, No: 1, pp. 448-456, Feb. 1995.
4. N. Ozay, N. Guven, A. Tureli, M. Demiroglu, “Technical and Economic Feasibility of Conversion to a Higher Voltage Distribution”, IEE Proc. on Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 142, No: 5, pp. 468-472, September 1995.
5. O. B. Tor, A. N. Guven, M. Shahidehpour, "Congestion-Driven Transmission Planning Considering the Impact of Generator Expansion," IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 781-789, May 2008.
6. O. B. Tor, A. N. Guven, M. Shahidehpour, “Promoting the Investment on IPPs for Optimal Grid Planning”, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 1743 – 1750, Aug. 2010.
7. H. Cetinay, F. A. Kuipers and A. N. Guven, “Optimal Siting and Sizing of Wind Farms”, Renewable Energy, Volume 101, Pages 51–58, , February 2017. 10.1016/j.renene.2016.08.008,
8. E. Ozguner, O. B. Tor, A. N. Guven, “Probabilistic Day-ahead System Marginal Price Forecast with ANN for Turkish Electricity Market”, Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 923-935, Dec. 2017. 10.3906/elk-1612-206
9. O. B. Tor, M. E. Cebeci, M. Koç, A. N. Guven, “Primer Elektrik Dağıtım Şebekelerinin Uzun Dönem Kapasite Artış Yatırımlarının Planlama Metriklerine Dayalı Dinamik Optimizasyonu” (Dynamic optimization of long term primary electric distribution network investments based on planning metrics), Gazi Üniversitesi Mühendislik Mimarlık Fakültesi Dergisi (Journal of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Gazi University), 33:1 pp. 227-237, 2018. 10.17341/gazimmfd.406795
10. O. B. Tor, M. E. Cebeci, N. Kaş, M. Göktepe, E. Kalkan, S. C. Yılmaz, A. Gündoğdu, A. N. Güven, "Alçak Gerilim Ekspres Fider Uygulaması ile Sezonsal Yüklenme Farkları Yüksek Olan Dağıtım Transformatörlerin Boşta Kayıplarının Azaltılması (Implementation of low voltage express feeder to reduce the no-load losses of distribution transformers which suffer high seasonal load deviation)", Gazi Üniversitesi Mühendislik Mimarlık Fakültesi Dergisi (Journal of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Gazi University), 33:3, pp. 979-994, 2018. 10.17341/gazimmfd.416400.
11. A. Aydogdu, O. B. Tor, A. N. Guven, “CVar-Based Stochastic Wind-Thermal Generation Coordination for Turkish Electricity Market”, Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy, Vol. 7, Issue 5, pp 1307–1318, Sept. 2019. 10.1007/s40565-018-0492-3.
Recent Conference Publications:
1. O. B. Tor and A. N. Guven, “Providing Locational Market Signals in the Context of Coordinated Multi-Year Transmission Expansion Planning,” Proceedings of ELECO International Symposium, IEEE PES, Bursa, Turkey, pp. 25-29, Dec. 2007.
2. O.B. Tor, C. Gencoglu, O. Yilmaz, E. Cebeci, A. N. Guven, “ Damping Measures against Prospective Oscillations between Turkish Grid and ENTSO-E CESA System”, International Powercon 2010 Conf., Hangzhou, China, Oct. 2010.
3. C. Gencoglu, O.B. Tor, E. Cebeci, O. Yilmaz, A. N. Guven, “Assessment of the Effect of Hydroelectric Power Plants’ Governor Settings on Low Frequency Inter Area Oscillations “, International Powercon 2010 Conf., Hangzhou, China, Oct. 2010.
4. C. Gencoglu, O.B. Tor, A. N. Guven, “Damping Measures against Low Frequency Inter Area Oscillations and Solutions for Turkey ENTSO-E CESA Interconnection (Bölgeler Arası Düşük Frekanslı Generatör Salınımlarını Sönümleyici Faktörler ve Türkiye ENTSO-E CESA Enterkonneksiyonu için Çözümler)”, Electrical-Electronics-Computer Eng. Symposium ELECO, Paper No: 1513, Bursa, 2-5 Dec. 2010 (in Turkish).
5. E. Koç, A.N. Guven, “Modeling and Investigation of Fault Ride Through Capability of Variable Speed Wind Turbines (Değişken Hızlı Rüzgar Türbinlerinin Modellenmesi ve Arıza Sonrası Sisteme Katkı Yeteneklerinin İncelenmesi)”, Electrical-Electronics-Computer Eng. Symposium ELECO, Paper No: 1563, Bursa, 2-5 Dec. 2010 (in Turkish).
6. S. Eren, M. E. Cebeci, O. B. Tor, N. Güven, “Transmission and Substation Expansion Planning using Mixed Integer Programming, North American Power symposium, Proceedings, pp. 59-63, NAPS 2011, August 2011, Boston, USA
7. M. E. Cebeci, O. B. Tor, C. Gencoglu, A. N. Guven, “A Geographical Zoning Methodology for Nodal Transmission Use-of-System Tariffs,” IEEE PES General Meeting, July 2012, San Diego, USA.