METU EEE SUMMER PRACTICE HOMEPAGE
NEW! SP Report - Faculty Member Assignments are now announced on OCW: Please login to OCW (https://ocw.metu.edu.tr) and check the list at the Announcements section at the top of the EE300/400 course, in order to see which faculty member will evaluate your SP report in Fall 2022. Please remember that you need to get registered to the EE300/EE400 course in the section of this faculty member during the add-drop week.
NEW! Information for students who will take the EE300/400 courses in the Fall semester: We kindly request you to do the following on OCW until October 7, Friday 23:59:
1. Fill in the "Summer Practice Evaluations" form on OCW. The purpose of this form is to take your feedback about your SP experience, where you can discuss the positive and negative aspects of your experience. Your answers will be shared in an anonymous way with other students who will do their SP in the future.
2. Fill in the "SP Report Faculty Member Assignment Questionnaire" on OCW. Your answers to this questionnaire will be used for determining the faculty member who will evaluate your SP report. Please note that you need to first submit the "Summer Practice Evaluations" form in step 1 above for the system to allow you to view and submit this second form.
Starting from the add-drop week, students are requested to do the following:
1. During the add-drop week, get registered to the EE300/EE400 course in the section of the faculty member who will grade their report.
2. During the week of October 17-21 (any time), submit their SP report and the other required documents in the following way:
- The SP evaluation form (2nd page of the SP booklet, filled in by your SP supervisor) is to be brought to the Student Affairs in a closed envelope or sent by post. Your SP supervisor can also send the SP evaluation form by email in pdf format (to serdark-at-metu-edu-tr). The document can be signed traditionally or digitally.
- The following documents will be collected online via ODTUClass: .
a. SP report in pdf format*. Please make sure that the cover page of your report includes your name, your student id, the course information (EE300/EE400), the SP location, and the SP dates.
*Important note: When submitting your SP report, please make sure that its Turnitin similarity score does not exceed 20%. Reports with similarity scores higher than 20% will be rejected. You may want to keep this in mind when preparing your SP report. Remember that the "company description" section of your report typically leads to high similarity, so you might want to limit the length of this section to a few paragraphs or one page maximum.
b. Cover page of your SP report approved by your SP supervisor (The cover page can be approved with a traditional or digital signature. Alternatively, your SP supervisor can send you an email stating that they have read and approved your SP report, which you can upload in pdf format)
c. Lifelong learning evaluation form (If this document has been provided to you in a closed envelope together with the SP evaluation form, you do not need to upload it on ODTUClass. It is enough to bring/send the closed envelope to the Student Affairs.)
d. Research internship evaluation form (If you did a research internship, you can optionally provide this form as a supplementary document)
Information for students who got payment during their SP: If you did your SP in a company in Turkey and you received payment during your SP, please read the "Instructions for Paid Summer Practices" section below carefully and enter your paid SP information in the OCW system.
Important information for students who will do their SP this summer:
- Summer internships must be done by physically attending the work place this summer.
- Research internships are allowed if abroad. Research internships can be done in Turkey only if the internship institution is not affiliated with METU. In particular, internships conducted at the following locations cannot be presented for the EE300/400 courses:
a. METU EEE-STAR internships
b. Internships done at research centers affiliated with METU (e.g. ODTÜ-ROMER)
c. Internships done at research centers that used to be affiliated with METU but have gained special status via law no. 6550 (e.g. ODTÜ-GÜNAM and ODTÜ-MEMS)
Internships done at research centers outside this scope (e.g. TUBITAK UZAY) can be presented for EE300/400, even if the place of the internship is in the METU campus.
SP meeting video and slides: A general meeting has been held on 01.04.2022 in order to give information on SP procedures. You can access the video of the meeting here (password: 7Htin%^+). The slides of the meeting can be found here.
Important reminder about EE300/EE400 prerequisites: Please remember that the OHS101 and OHS301 courses are prerequisites for the EE300 and EE400 courses. This means that you need to proceed in the following order: First take the OHS101 and OHS301 courses, then do your SP in the summer/winter break once you passed both of these courses, and finally take the EE300/EE400 course in the semester that follows your SP. Note that students who have done their SP but cannot get registered to EE300/EE400 because they have not taken OHS301 will need to repeat their SP.
Internships in public institutions: We have been informed that from now on all public institutions in Turkey (kamu kurumlari) accept internship applications through a centralized system. Please consult this page for further information.
SGK Insurance Application System
The insurance application module in the OCW system is now closed as we have reached the end of summer.
Instructions for Paid Summer Practices
If you did your SP in a private company in Turkey and you received payment during your SP, you need to do the following after your SP, as soon as you have received all of your payments. (If you did not receive any payment during your SP, do not do anything. If you did your SP in a public institution (kamu kurumu) you do not need to do anything as well.)
1. Login to https://ocw.metu.edu.tr/ with your usual student account.
2. Fill in the "Paid SP form questionnaire" under the EE300/400 course. Please fill in all entries carefully. Incomplete submissions with missing entries are immediately rejected by Rektörlük. You may contact the HR department of the company in order to obtain the information regarding the company. If you notice that you made a mistake when filling in the form, you can submit a new one and the latest submission will be taken into account.
3. Download, print, and sign the Paid SP Form (İşsizlik Fonu Katkısı Bilgi Formu) . Upload the scanned copy of the signed form (in pdf format) under the assignment "İşsizlik Fonu Katkısı Bilgi Formu (Paid SP Form)".
4. Upload the bank receipt (in pdf format) showing that you received payment from the company under the assignment "Stajda ücret ödendiğine dair banka dekontu (Bank receipt for paid SPs)".
Internship documents: Download (pdf).
Unemployment fund contribution information form: Download (doc).