METU EEE SUMMER PRACTICE HOMEPAGE
Students who will take EE300/400 in the Fall semester: In the upcoming Fall semester the SP documents will be collected in the following way:
- Your SP supervisor can send the SP evaluation form (2nd page of the SP booklet) to the Department Student Affairs by email in pdf format (to serdark-at-metu-edu-tr). The document can be signed traditionally or digitally. It is also possible to send the document to the Student Affairs or by post in a closed envelope.
- All the other documents that students need to submit (such as the cover page of the SP report, lifelong learning evaluation forms, remote/research internship evaluation forms, etc.) will be collected online via ODTUClass when the semester begins. This year, the SP reports will also be collected only in soft copy via ODTUClass. Instructions on how to upload these documents will be provided in the coming weeks. (Thank you for not emailing any of these documents to the Student Affairs).
Students taking EE300/400 in summer school: Please email your SP reports in pdf format to (velif-at-metu-edu-tr) until September 28. Please contact the Department Student Affairs (Serdar Korkmaz) about how to send your additional SP documents. (This applies only for students who took EE300/400 in summer school. If you will take EE300/400 in the Fall semester, please see the explanations above.)
Overlap with summer school courses: SPs by physically attending the work place are not allowed to overlap with any lectures, including the summer school. However, if your internship is online, or if you can partially work online to make up for the missed hours due to classes, you can compensate for these hours later when you are available and complete your mandatory SP period. Please remember that not attending the classes because of SP is not possible.
Instructions for students who got payment during their SP: Please read the section "Instructions for Paid Summer Practices"
Delays in the SP due to "Bayram": During your SP, if you miss some workdays due to official holidays (bayrams), personal reasons, company holidays, etc., you should compensate for these. Please plan carefully the beginning and end dates of your SP and enter the right dates in the OCW system. If your SGK insurance has already been issued, please contact the SP Commitee (velif-at-metu-edu-tr) for postponing your SP end date.
Department decisions due to COVID-19
The following decisions have been taken by our department for internships to be done between June 6 - October 11, 2020:
1. Classical internships conducted by physically attending the work place will continue to be accepted for evaluation within the EE300/EE400 courses.
2. EE300/EE400 internships can also be conducted by remote working. Note that in this case, in addition to the “SP evaluation Form”, the Remote Internship Evaluation Form (word) (pdf) must also be filled in.
3. Research activities done at universities abroad or in Turkey under the supervision of a faculty member can also be evaluated within the EE300/EE400 courses. This includes internships at our university or in our department as well. Research internships can be done by remote working. Note that in addition to the “SP evaluation Form”, the “Research Internship Evaluation Form” (word) (pdf) must also be filled in.
4. The total duration of the classical and remote internships described in items 1 and 2 above must be equivalent to 20 full work days. The total duration of the research internships described in item 3 must be equivalent to 30 full work days.
5. Only one of the EE300 and EE400 internships is allowed to fall within the scope of items 2 and 3 above. This means that at least one of the internships must be a classical internship. This rule does not apply for 4th year students expecting immediate graduation.
1. Although internships by physically attending the work place will continue to be accepted this summer, for your health and safety, we recommend you to prefer internships by remove working if possible.
2. You can do an internship in the winter break. This can be a classical, remote, or research internship.
3. If you are already working in a company as a candidate engineer, you can present the relevant part of your work for the EE300/EE400 courses as long as your internship duration and the type of your work meet the necessary conditions. However, do not forget that you need to have a full-time SGK insurance during the period that will officially count as your SP period. If you have a part-time insurance already established by your company, you need to cancel your insurance and apply for full-time insurance by following the steps explained below.
Important notes about SGK insurance
1. Our university continues to cover SGK insurances for SPs in Turkey at the moment. However, this has been limited to mandatory SPs to be evaluated within the EE300/EE400 courses due to the special circumstances we are in at the moment. The duration of the insurance will be limited to the mandatory internship duration indicated in the above announcements, depending on the type of the internship.
2. SGK insurances of remote internships or research internships are covered, provided that the internship institution is in Turkey and the internship is mandatory (EE300/EE400).
3. SGK insurances of voluntary internships are not covered at this time.
4. Note that the regulations regarding the SGK insurances are established in line with the up-to-date YÖK decisions, so please make sure to check our website regularly for the latest news on these policies.
5. During your SP, if you miss some workdays due to official holidays (bayrams), personal reasons, company holidays, etc., you should compensate for these. For instance, if you miss two days because of bayram, you should postpone the end date of your SP by two days. Please calculate the required beginning and end dates of your SP carefully and enter these correctly when applying for the SGK insurance.
SGK Insurance Application System
The insurance application module in the OCW system has been closed at this time as we have reached the end of summer.
Instructions for Paid Summer Practices
If you did your SP in a company in Turkey and you received payment during your SP, you need to do the following preferably within 10 days after you received all of your payments. (If you did not receive any payment during your SP, you do not need to do anything.)
1. Login to https://ocw.metu.edu.tr/ with your usual student account.
2. Fill in the "Paid SP form questionnaire" under the EE300/400 course. Please fill in all entries carefully. Incomplete submissions with missing entries are immediately rejected by Rektörlük. You may contact the HR department of the company in order to obtain the information regarding the company. If you notice that you made a mistake when filling in the form, you can submit a new one and the latest submission will be taken into account.
3. Download, print, and sign the Paid Summer Practice Form . Upload the scanned copy of the signed form (in pdf format) under the assignment "İşsizlik Fonu Katkısı Bilgi Formu (Paid SP Form)".
4. Upload the bank receipt (in pdf format) showing that you received payment from the company under the assignment "Stajda ücret ödendiğine dair banka dekontu (Bank receipt for paid SPs)".