METU EEE SUMMER PRACTICE HOMEPAGE
NEW! SP meeting 2024: A general meeting on the EE 300 - EE 400 summer internship courses and the SP procedures has been held on February 26, 2024. The slides of the meeting can be found here. In case you have any queries related to the summer practice procedures, we kindly ask you to first go through the meeting slides and our SP webpage carefully, and send an email only if you cannot find the answer of your question there.
Important information about SP locations:
- Summer internships must be done by physically attending the work place.
- Research internships are allowed if abroad. Research internships can be done in Turkey only if the internship institution is not affiliated with METU. In particular, internships conducted at the following locations cannot be presented for the EE300/400 courses:
a. METU EEE-STAR internships
b. Internships done at research centers affiliated with METU (e.g. ODTÜ-ROMER)
c. Internships done at research centers that used to be affiliated with METU but have gained special status via law no. 6550 (e.g. ODTÜ-GÜNAM and ODTÜ-MEMS)
Internships done at research centers outside this scope (e.g. TUBITAK UZAY) can be presented for EE300/400, even if the place of the internship is in the METU campus.
Important reminder about EE300/EE400 prerequisites: Please remember that the OHS101 and OHS301 courses are prerequisites for the EE300 and EE400 courses. This means that you need to proceed in the following order: First take the OHS101 and OHS301 courses, then do your SP in the summer/winter break once you passed both of these courses, and finally take the EE300/EE400 course in the semester that follows your SP. Note that students who have done their SP but cannot get registered to EE300/EE400 because they have not taken OHS301 will need to repeat their SP.
Internships in public institutions: We have been informed that from now on all public institutions in Turkey (kamu kurumlari) accept internship applications through a centralized system. Please consult this page for further information.
SGK Insurance Application System
The application module in the OCW system for SGK insurances will be activated in the beginning of summer.
Instructions for Paid Summer Practices
If you did your SP in a company in Turkey and you received payment during your SP, you need to do the following as soon as you received all of your payments. (If you did not receive any payment during your SP, please do not submit the Paid SP form.)
1. Login to https://ocw.metu.edu.tr/ with your usual student account.
2. Fill in the "Paid SP form questionnaire" under the EE300/400 course. Please fill in all entries carefully. Incomplete submissions with missing entries are immediately rejected by Rektörlük. You may contact the HR department of the company in order to obtain the information regarding the company. If you notice that you made a mistake when filling in the form, you can submit a new one and the latest submission will be taken into account.
3. Download, print, and sign the Paid Summer Practice Form. Upload the scanned copy of the signed form (in pdf format) under the assignment "İşsizlik Fonu Katkısı Bilgi Formu (Paid SP Form)".
4. Upload the bank receipt (in pdf format) showing that you received payment from the company under the assignment "Stajda ücret ödendiğine dair banka dekontu (Bank receipt for paid SPs)".
Internship documents: Download (pdf).
Unemployment fund contribution information form: Download (doc).